The Financial Management Associate (FMA) Program is a global leadership development program for Master’s Degree candidates (or qualified internal candidates), designed to create a pipeline of future Citi Finance leaders with experience in multiple Finance disciplines (Controllers, Treasury, Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax, Investor Relations, Capital Planning, Strategy and M&A). The FMA program is unique due to the various business/region/function perspectives it offers.
For all rotations including first placements, FMAs will have an opportunity to gain experience working closely with senior managers to build leadership capabilities. FMAs will have an opportunity to support the 4 Pillars of Citi Finance: drive business results, improve financial processes, strengthen the control environment and continue to make Citi a great place to work.
The program consists of three six-month rotations in which FMAs have the opportunity to contribute to multiple Finance disciplines with required rotations in Treasury and Controllers. Each rotation must be in a Finance role.
This is done to maximize FMA development opportunities, accelerate learning and allow FMAs to quickly contribute to Citi Finance priorities. Upon successful completion of the program, FMAs are considered for placements within Citi Finance for a Finance role not previously performed in any rotation including summer rotations.
Several key elements of the FMA program include:
* Senior Access – FMAs have frequent access to Citi’s senior Finance leaders while working with selected managers who guide them to maximize their potential and develop their careers.
* Global Reach – Exposure to global perspectives and businesses. FMAs have opportunities to build relationships within the Citi Finance community that can be leveraged throughout their career.
* Leadership – FMAs are encouraged to develop their management skills during their rotations.
* Responsibility – Part of Citi’s growth strategy depends on the entrepreneurial spirit of employees. FMAs can apply their leadership skills in a customized curriculum to accelerate learning and professional development.
* Empowerment – FMAs are challenged to become involved in the fast-paced analytical and dynamic financial environment of a world-class corporation.