IOM Costa Rica Country Programmes aim to support government authorities to ensure safe, orderly migration and facilitate migrant socioeconomic development with an innovative and integral migrant approach. IOM works closely with migrants and host communities in various programmes concerning social cohesion, integration, labour migration opportunities and regularisation. In addition, the mission provides immediate assistance to vulnerable migrants including victims of trafficking and smuggling. The mission manages at the country-level, a series of regional programmes and manages country-level projects as well.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission and the overall supervision of the Regional Director, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for executing the following tasks:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Prepare draft notes, minutes, invitation letters, agreements, contracts, and other required instruments.
2. Assist in the coordination of logistical and administrative preparations for conferences, meetings, seminars and other activities organized by the Chief of Mission’s office, attending certain events as required.
3. Coordination of vehicle and driver support requests in order to cover scheduled and unforeseen activities.
4. Keep updated the telephone numbers, fax, email address and other contact information of the pertinent officials, counterparts and OIM person and make this available to the Mission.
5. Support in travel arrangements and other related procedures for COM and other senior staff, as required.
6. Receive, classify, archive and follow up on the communications received and / or generated by the Chief of Mission’s Office.
7. Provide assistance so that all purchases, contracting services and other expenses made are supported with the documentation (receipts, quotes, payment requests, etc.) required by IOM.
8. Keep updated appointment calendar of the Chief of Mission
9. Respond to general information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records. 10. Assist in the control and execution of regular payments associated with the projects (eg, payment of consultants’ fees and other services) when required.
11. Contribute to the development of a work plan – in coordination with the Chief of Mission, for the planning of activities specific to the Chief of Mission’s office.
12. Assist in the preparation of reports, talking points and other documents required from the Chief of Mission’s Office. 13. Other associated and relevant functions for the correct functioning of the IOM Costa Rica mission as assigned by your Supervisor.
• Highschool degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science or Public Relations or related career from an accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience.
• Relevant experience in tasks of project cooperation, preferably with United Nations agencies.
• Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
• Professional in administration, accounting, or related careers.
• Solid knowledge in budget management.
• General studies in migration will be an advantage.
For all applicants, fluency in English and Spanish is required (oral and written). Desirable: French.
The candidate should send his/her application through the following email
[email protected] using as Subject “SVN 2023-012 Executive Assistant”
The application must include:
• Curriculum with 3 references.
• Letter of interest.
• In case of receiving applications from foreigners living in Costa Rica, they must submit their work permit.