Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Ensure that all cash, wire transfer and cheque payment requests are duly completed, certified and authorized by authorized staff and all necessary supporting documents are provided before payment is done.
2. Maintain a filing system and to ensure proper custody of financial documents – vouchers, bank correspondence etc.
3. Assistance to disburse payments to suppliers and staff members in IOM Costa Rica and IOM Belize, upon obtaining approval from the RMO, CoM and RD.
4. Assist in the verification of invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services that referred to are duly received or provided before proceeding with request for payment.
5. Assist in preparing financial supporting documentation for submission to the donors, auditors upon request.
6. Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
7. Assist the Resource Management Officer and Accountant in replying to queries concerning accounting and project reports;
8. Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
9. Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University degree in finance, accounting & administration related field with 1 year of relevant
High school degree with 3 years of relevant professional experience
• Proficiency in computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, excel, Power point, outlook) internet and E-mail and experience in working with databases and online applications.
• Prior experience in usage of SAP an added advantage
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues.
• Mature individual, able to work independently under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
For all applicants, fluency in English and Spanish is required (oral and written).
The candidate should send his/her application through the following email
[email protected] using as Subject “SVN 2023-023 Administrative and Finance Clerk
The application must include:
• Curriculum with 3 references.
• Letter of interest.
• In case of receiving applications from foreigners living in Costa Rica, they must submit their work permit.